An elixir for body, mind & spirit!
Relaxation is perhaps the single most important key to health and well-being. It is the antidote to stress which is known to contribute to the development of disease. When we relax, our body has an opportunity to unwind. The benefits of relaxation have been well researched and some of these are summarized below.
- gives the heart a rest by slowing the heart rate
- reduces blood pressure
- slows the rate of breathing, which reduces the need for oxygen
- increases blood flow to the muscles
- decreases muscle tension
As a result of relaxation, many people experience –
- more energy
- better sleep
- enhanced immunity
- increased concentration
- better problem-solving abilities
- greater efficiency
- smoother emotions — less anger, crying, anxiety, frustration
- less headaches and pain
We encourage you to make relaxation a priority! Take some time now for a relaxing guided meditation break in our Relaxation Room!